O'Bryant School Site Council (O'B SSC) - The School Site Council (SSC) is the governing/advisory board of the school.
2016-2017 School Site Council Minutes
Who is the O'B SSC?
The O’Bryant Faculty Senate, Parent Council, and Student Government elect representatives to be voting members of the School Site Council. Parents on the School Site Council (SSC) are elected by and accountable to the School Parent Council (SPC).
What does the O'B SSC do?
The O'B SSC develops and approves school policy, including, but not limited to:
- Developing and reviewing the Whole School Improvement Plan (WSIP);
- Developing and approving the school's annual budget;
- Creating and overseeing subcommittees such as:
- The Instructional Leadership Team (ILT)
- Personnel subcommittee for hiring new teachers
- Engagement Action Team for developing a family & student engagement plan
- Reporting back to School Parent Council (SPC) and the larger parent body on a regular basis.
What does the O'B SSC representative do?
The School Site Council representative reviews and approves school policy, fully participates in the meetings, representing the School Parent Council (SPC) and reporting back to the School Parent Council Executive Committee.
When does the O'B SSC meet?
The O'B SSC generally meets once a month with additional meetings as warranted. The meetings are scheduled for the third Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m. in the school library. During the school year, there is a change to the schedule to accommodate school vacation months or other pertinent events. The O’Bryant School calendar lists meeting details.
For more information and details about Boston Public School‘s School Site Council, please go to the BPS website School Site Council.